- It’s not as easy as some people make it look.
- The pace of life speeds up but you slow way down, as in you’re only getting half that load of laundry finished today.
- You learn the meanings of the saying “Silence is Golden.”
- No one’s going to know that you spent 30 minutes scrapping peanut butter off the front glass door (true story) but they’re sure going to notice if you don’t.
- Speaking of smudges, expect everything that’s within 2-3 feet of floor level (depending on their reach) to be constantly smeared with, well, you probably don’t really want to go too deep into that…
- And I’m pretty sure I’m staring at a spot of food on the ceiling. Apparently no place is too far out of reach.
- You have the opportunity to discover new facets of your own personality.
- You start learning about what’s really important to you; for me it’s my faith and how much I really do need to turn to God because these tiny humans can drive you crazy.
- You may even understand your parents a little better.
- You discover how much you can really love another human, and at the same time be incredibly frustrated when they dump a box of cereal out on the couch (classic).