Actual events that have happened in my house as we’ve been, literally, walking out the door:
- the almost-always-silent landline phone rings
- child falls off chair, resulting in a profusely bleeding nose
- parents’ shoes dragged off by smaller feet, only to reappear days later
- bathroom breaks before leaving are a good idea, right? not when the child’s shirt gets wet because you left them unsupervised while putting the other child in the car seat
- then, while trying to pull off said wet shirt, they step right into the completely full cat water bowl
- two words: epic meltdown
What about you? Have you had any impossible scenarios happen as you were leaving the house?